Make These Promises To Yourself About Forgiveness
- “To erase; to cover over; to remove or carry away; to let go.”
- Never bring up again and hold one accountable for (Heb. 8:12, Psalm 51).
- Allow no barriers to remain that divides (Psalm 32:1-9; Ephesians 2:14-16).
- If the fault comes to mind that has been forgiven, you will not get angry all over again (Colossians 3:8).
- If someone else brings it up, you will not be condemning in your comments and will even defend the person (Genesis 45:1-8; 50:20).
- You will be determined to work and move forward and beyond the failure (Luke 22:31-32).
- You will cease feeling resentment (Acts 15:37-40 with 2 Timothy 4:11 – Paul toward Mark).
- You will try to restore the relationship which existed before the wrong was done (Matthew 5:23-24 – be reconciled).
- You will reaffirm your love toward the person (1 Cor. 13:4-8; Matthew 18:21-22).
- If you are thinking of a worse case scenario in which you do not believe you can forgive, try practicing forgiveness with easy cases. Then when you get really good, move to more difficult cases. Eventually you will be able to see all those who sin against you as Christ sees those who sin against him.
Bright Angel Church of Christ